Repertuar muzyczny na święto św. Franciszka Ksawerego w zbiorach muzycznych dawnych jezuickich redukcji wśród Indian Chiquitos i Moxos
- Piotr Nawrot
The author of the article analyzes the source texts edited by Jesuit missionaries in South America, which are testimony to the musical life in Jesuit reductions belonging to the Guarani, Moxos, Chiquitos Indians and other indigenous tribes of South America, during the presence of missionaries in the years 1610 to 1767/8. These sources are testimony to the extraordinary musical culture of the Indians of that time living in those areas. They enable the analysis of accounts sent centuries ago from missions, comparing them with currently available documents and presenting their development path and current state. The author of the study is not limited to the search for the musical repertoire mentioned in the missionary lists, but also attempts to recreate, as far as possible, this repertoire and trace its impact on today’s musical culture. In this study, the author analyzes the musical repertoire for Saint Francis Xavier Day, a Jesuit missionary in Asia, whose person and holiness had a great impact on the life of the Church in America, both in cities and in missions.
- Record ID
- Other language title versions
- Music repertoire for Saint Francis Xavier Day in music collections of former Jesuit reductions among the Chiquitos and Moxos Indians
- Publication size in sheets
- Polak Mieczysław Kazimierz Mieczysław Kazimierz Polak (eds.): Dei enim sumus adiutores. Opuscula Adamo Przybecki Septuagenario Dedicata, Opuscula Dedicata , vol. 12, 2019, Poznań, Uniwersytet im. Adama Mickiewicza w Poznaniu, Wydział Teologiczny, 516 p., ISBN 978-83-66399-00-6
- Keywords in English
- Jesuits; missions; music; Indians; Guarani; Moxos; Chiquitos
- pl Polish
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 20.0, 06-04-2020, MonographChapterAuthor
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or Perishopening in a new tab system.