Kosmiczne znaczenie chrzcielnego obmycia. Refleksje wokół Encykliki „Laudato si'”
- Paweł Kiejkowski
Pope Francis’ encyclical Laudato si’ contains important and interesting intuitions concerning the relationship between Jesus Christ’s paschal mystery and the properly interpreted care for the earth and the entire creation. The sacrament of holy baptism is referred to as “a new creation” and an immersion into Christ’s paschal mystery. In reference to the pope’s document, the article presents links between baptismal ablution and the world of creatures both in anthropological and cosmological perspectives. Based on biblical and patristic teachings as well as contemporary Catholic and Orthodox theologies, it can be stated that baptism, along with the other sacraments, is an exceptional place where human beings and the entire universe participate in Jesus Christ’s paschal mystery. Through its simplicity, water becomes a direct vehicle of the novelty of paschal life. Its potential as a sign of a higher and spiritual reality (in ritual ablutions, for instance), which water has due to God’s creative act, gains its fullness through baptismal ablution. Thanks to the mystery of the incarnation and glorification of the Saviour, baptismal water assumes a supernatural sacramental dimension, a spiritual fullness and a new potential to convey the fullness of life.
- Record ID
- Other language title versions
- The Cosmic Significance of Baptismal Ablution. Considerations on the Laudato Si’ Encyclical
- Journal series
- Studia Bydgoskie, ISSN 1898-9837
- Issue year
- Publication size in sheets
- http://studiabydgoskie.diecezja.bydgoszcz.pl/?p=1109 opening in a new tab
- pl Polish
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or Perishopening in a new tab system.