Light Stable Isotope Analysis of Diet in Corded Ware Culture Communities: Święte, Jarosław District, South-Eastern Poland
- Karolina Werens,
- Anita Szczepanek,
- Paweł Jarosz
AbstractThe presented study was based on isotopic analysis of δ13C and δ15N in human bone collagen samples from graves of the Corded Ware culture in Święte, south-east Poland. Isotopic values demonstrate a relatively narrow variation, ranging from -20.4‰ to -19.8‰ and 10.6‰ to 12.0‰ for δ13C and δ15N values, respectively. The diet was likely C3 plant-based with a substantial animal protein component, including predominantly terrestrial and possibly riverine resources.
- Record ID
- Journal series
- Baltic-Pontic Studies, ISSN 1231-0344
- Issue year
- DOI:10.2478/bps-2018-0008 opening in a new tab
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 10.0, 18-03-2020, ArticleFromJournal
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or Perishopening in a new tab system.