Drogi Maryjnej misji pocieszania
- Adam Jerzy Wojtczak
Christian consolation has its roots in God. It often assumes the form of motherly goodness and tenderness. Mary experiences consolation in greatest intensity. However, she did not keep this gift of consolation to herself, instead she off ered it to the people. She became the source of consolation to all who plead for it with Her. Her maternal mission of consolation is fulfi lled mainly in three ways. This present article focuses on these ways. A separate point is devoted to each one. The fi rst way is the “consoling presence” of the Mother. One can experience Her closeness, especially in Marian shrines, where both hope and the feeling of tenderness are awakened. The second way is the “heartening model”. Mary is “worldly solace”, teaching us how not to succumb to despair, doubts and passive abandoning in the face of diffi culties and painful daily situations. She is also an “eschatical consolation” in a double sense: “historical” and “ultimate”. “Historical” because She shows the way, encourages and urges us in our eff orts to reach the ultimate objective, which is the house of the Father in heaven. At the same time, Mary consoles us (“ultimate consolation”) through the image of the fulfi lled Church, and the concept of new man who lives fully with God and for God in His eternal kingdom. The third way is manifested in “pleading consolation”. Mary entreats God to grant us the gift of consolation and hope so that we can bear up and live in peace. For the above-mentioned reasons we can duly call Her “Mother of Consolation” and “Comforter of the affl icted”.
- Record ID
- Other language title versions
- Paths of Mary’s mission of comfort
- Publication size in sheets
- Polak Mieczysław Kazimierz Mieczysław Kazimierz Polak (eds.): Dei enim sumus adiutores. Opuscula Adamo Przybecki Septuagenario Dedicata, Opuscula Dedicata , vol. 12, 2019, Poznań, Uniwersytet im. Adama Mickiewicza w Poznaniu, Wydział Teologiczny, 516 p., ISBN 978-83-66399-00-6
- Keywords in English
- Mary; Mother of consolation; Christian consolation; post-conciliar Popes
- pl Polish
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 20.0, 03-04-2020, MonographChapterAuthor
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or Perishopening in a new tab system.