The fatty acids based organofunctional silane protective coatings for concrete
- Karol Szubert
- Record ID
- Journal series
- Materiales de Construccion, ISSN 0465-2746, e-ISSN 1988-3226
- Issue year
- Article number
- Keywords in English
- Fatty acids; Sol-gel processes; Organically modified silanes; Concrete; Protective coatings.
- ASJC Classification
- ; ;
- Abstract in original language
The possibility of using free fatty acids for the synthesis of new organofunctional silanes is shown. In nature, fatty acids occur in the form of esters with glycerin (fats) and are widely used for production of soap, oil paints, medicines and cosmetics. Of particular interest in this study was the application of organosilicon derivatives of oleic acid for production of coating that would cover the surface of concrete and protect it from water permeation. As a result of proposed silanization, the concrete surface acquired hydrophobic character with the wetting angles up to 115°, and the concrete absorbability was reduced by up to 93%.
- DOI:10.3989/mc.2021.03420 Opening in a new tab
- https://materconstrucc.revistas.csic.es/index.php/materconstrucc/article/view/2307 Opening in a new tab
- eng (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 100.0, 16-05-2022, ArticleFromJournal
- Publication indicators
- = 0; : 2017 = 1.272; : 2019 (2 years) = 1.456 - 2019 (5 years) =1.872
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.