Imperium i provinciae Agryppy w latach 23 - 12 p.n.e.
- Paweł Piotr Sawiński
In the paper, I shall take on the matter, widely debated in scholarship, of the range and nature of the imperium held by Marcus Agrippa as the emperor’s special envoy within a few provinces of the Imperium Romanum. The questions I shall try to answer include the following: when did Agrippa receive the special imperium in the provinces? What was its territorial extent? And, was it maius or aequum relative to the powers of other provincial governors? Answers to those questions will be facilitated by analyzing transmitted texts by ancient authors, but also, crucially, the so-called Cologne papyrus, which provides vital information on the issue.
- Record ID
- Journal series
- Klio. Czasopismo poświęcone dziejom Polski i powszechnym, ISSN 1643-8191, Quarterly
- Issue year
- Publication size in sheets
- DOI:10.12775/KLIO.2018.052 opening in a new tab
- https://apcz.umk.pl/czasopisma/index.php/KLIO/issue/view/1492/showToc opening in a new tab
- pl Polish
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 13.0, 23-03-2020, ArticleFromJournal
- Uniform Resource Identifier