* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or PerishOpening in a new tab system.
Bashkirian Rugosa (Anthozoa) from the Donets Basin (Ukraine). Part 11. The Family Pentaphyllidae Schindewolf, 1942 and considerations on the Suborder Tachylasmatina Fedorowski, 1973
- Jerzy Fedorowski
- Record ID
- Journal series
- Acta Geologica Polonica, ISSN 0001-5709, e-ISSN 2300-1887
- Issue year
- Keywords in original language
- Anthozoa (Rugosa); validity of Suborder Tachylasmatina; Lower Bashkirian (Carboniferous); Ukraine.
- ASJC Classification
- Abstract in original language
- Inconsistency in the approach to the corals included by different authors in the families Tachylasmatidae Grabau, 1928 and Pentaphyllidae Schindewolf, 1942 are discussed in the context of their relationship vshomeomorphy to the Family Plerophyllidae Koker, 1924. Following Schindewolf (1942), the pentaphylloid or cryptophylloid early ontogeny, typical of the former two families, is contrasted with the zaphrentoid ontogeny typical of the latter family. Comprehensive analysis proves the independent taxonomic position of the Suborder Tachylasmatina Fedorowski, 1973. The taxa described herein support this idea. The relationship of the two families: Tachylasmatidae and Pentaphyllidae within the framework of this suborder are suggested. A new genus left in open nomenclature (represented by a single specimen) and three new species, Pentaphyllum sp. nov. 1, ?Pentaphyllum sp. nov. 2 and Gen. et sp. nov. 1 are described from lower Bashkirian deposits.
- DOI:10.24425/agp.2020.134564 Opening in a new tab
- eng (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- = 100.0, 30-03-2022, ArticleFromJournal
- Publication indicators
- = 0; : 2018 = 1.084; : 2019 (2 years) = 0.797 - 2019 (5 years) =1.218
- Uniform Resource Identifier